Hello & Welcome
Today I want to share with you a very special project I completed recently.
I was inspired by an article that I had seen some time ago in a Scrapbooking Magazine.
They had taken an old guitar and given it a fresh new look.
So with that in mind, I went and scoured our local markets and found an old guitar.
I paid $20 for it. It was pretty beat up and covered in some awful paint colour but I knew that with a bit of work, it could be turned into something beautiful.
|Strings detached and paint removed.|
I wanted to add some texture, so I mixed Jo Sonja’s Texture Paste with Dusty Attic Sugar Plum Paint until I had the right colour and consistency.
|Mixed Media products used to stencil with.|
|Paint & Texture paste mixed together.|
Using my Tim Holtz Flourish Stencil I applied it over the music paper to give it a elegant look.
I loved how it added colour and texture to the piece.
|Tim Holtz Flourish Stencil|
I allowed it to dry overnight and then I proceeded to embellish my guitar.
I found these beautiful hinges on a trip to Bali a few years ago at a wonderful store called Toko Central.
I found this metal clock embellishment in my stash and it fit perfectly over the hole in the guitar.
I used my black alcohol marker to change the colour of the embellishment, as I didn’t want the antique bronze look.
I had some sticky black bling I had purchased at the discount store and used it to line the edge and the centre circle of the guitar.
This beautiful script washi tape was great for covering the arm of the guitar and to give it a bit more of a sophisticated look.
I wanted to add some more colour, so I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Haunted Shadows and spritzed it over the front of the guitar.
I also created drops of mist and then tilted the guitar to allow for it to run.
Sticking with the colour theme of black and purple, I covered all the metal pieces on the guitar with black paint or coloured them with my black alcohol marker.
I then added these Dusty Attic wings to the sides of the guitar.
They were coloured with the Haunted Shadows Glimmer mist.
To finish the front of the guitar I added flowers, metal embellishments and chipboard.
I layered the embellishments across the bottom of the guitar.
I used lots of flowers of different sizes and kept them in a similar colour scheme.
This was also a great way to use up all those metal embellishments I had in my stash.
I bought this Ferro paint some time ago as I just loved the colour, turns out it went so well with the colour scheme, so I used it to cover the sides and the arm of the guitar.
|This was the finished effect using the Ferro.|
I sealed the finished project with a Matt Sealer which I purchased from Bunnings.
I just couldn’t resist putting the personal touch on it by adding the Bon Jovi chipboard which was kindly cut for me by Jen Hedger from Dusty Attic.
This beautiful piece is now proudly on display in my home and I have received amazing compliments and I have had offers to purchase it but this is one piece that I just can’t part with.
I REALLY CAN’T BELIEVE IT LOOKS THIS GOOD.