“DON’T DREAM YOUR LIFE, LIVE YOUR DREAM”
Welcome Again I hope this evening/day finds you well. I am sitting here rugged up as it’s Winter here in Australia and unfortunately my reverse cycle unit has gone on the blink, so no heating at the moment and I’m freezing. If I took a picture right now, it would not be very attractive but I’m sure you would all find it very amusing.
This blog post today is a little tutorial on a canvas that I recently had published in Scrapbooking Memories Magazine.
Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 Issue 12 Pg 81.
When I received an email from Vanessa to say they wou.ld like to put it in the magazine, I couldn’t believe it. I was so overwhelmed that they would think that it was magazine worthy, let alone a full page submission with a tutorial. It had always been a bit of a bucket list item to be published.
So lets get started.
You will need the following:
- Canvas (any size)
- Cardstock – White (to stamp wings)
- Kaszazz Wing Stamp & Metal Charms
- Tim Holtz Cogs & Metal Charms
- Dusty Attic Chipboard & Paint
- Kaisercraft Word Stickers & flowers
- Twiddleybitz Chipboard
- Dymo labeller
- StazOn ink
- Ranger Perfect Medium & Embossing Powder
- Tattered Angels Glimmer mist
- Adirondack paint dabber – White
- Alcohol Markers
- Heat Gun
- Helmar 450 Glue
- Scrap Dots
1. Mix gesso with your chosen paint colours to create the base; brush this over your canvas. Paint chipboard vines with the leftover paint. Place gauze randomly on top of the wet paint. Set aside to dry or heat seat.
2. Stamp the wings onto some scrap white card stock. Using StazOn ink stamp the acetate with the wing stamp. Colour the acetate lightly with alcohol markers. Emboss a chipboard bodice with white embossing powder and then heat set. Wrap and affix gauze around the piece to create the skirt. Layer your embellishments randomly and use scrap dots to create height.
3. To finish off the canvas, use a white paint dabber to swipe over the embellishments (as seen in the pic to the right), canvas, flowers and chipboard to give a white wash effect. Lightly spray the canvas with Old Lace Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. Create a quote with a Dymo labeller and word stickers.
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and I welcome your comments below.
You can also find me on the following sites:
Well time to go put my cold feet on hubby and cuddle up. Until next time, stay safe & warm or enjoy the sunshine depending on where you are. Keep the Faith JD xoxo